Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Garmisch Parternkirchen


Last weekend Josh and I went skiing at Garmisch. It was so incredibly cool! It's the resort below Zugspitze, the tallest peak in Germany. It was a huge mountain and there was so much to ski and so much powder! The powder was amazing. I haven't skiied in powder all season and it felt so good. The visibility wasn't fantastic but that meant that the higher Josh and I went, the less people there were. The first half of the day was better but not by much. The whole day was great. We found this run where you skiied through a gap in the mountains with a sign that said, "Please don't loiter. Falling rocks." That led into this long, windy powder filled run that was so cool! Also, there were trees! I haven't encountered any tree skiing until this point and it was so much fun. I just jumped in and was bouncing all over the place and dodging branches and having a great time. Josh followed me half the time. The other half he just let me play and skiied down the groomed stuff. It was one of those skis days that reminded me of Alta and I felt so at home. It was so incredible. The scenery was also incredibly stunning. Josh and I stopped at some points and just stared. The Alps are beautiful but deadly. It's the kind of beauty that takes your breathe away but scares the hell out of you at the same time. I understand why people talk about skiing in the Alps now. Very worth it. Also, a great break from essays and studying for finals.This is kind of a short post, I just got so excited about the ski day that I decided to blog about it. Love ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment