Monday, September 7, 2009

Beginnings (and lots of flying)

Ok. So 18 hours, 2 layovers, 3 flights, and four airports later, I have arrived. My luggage didn't make it off the east coast with me, so I was luggage-less for several hours and nearly had a panic attack in the London-Heathrow airport. But all is solved.
My first day was uneventful. I napped, met some kids on my hall, got my room figured out, and made dinner. I then went to bed early and woke up at 3:00 AM, courtesy of jet lag. I have been awake ever since (it's now 11:19 am). Not sure what's going to happen in a few hours, but we'll see.
Today, I wandered around Stutsta (studenten stadt) in search of coffee and breakfast, but found none. I did find the English Gardens, which blew my mind. Later today, I'm meeting up with the group for dinner and orientation. So far it's been a good few days, despite the whole jetlag thing.
Miss everyone!
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment