Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back to the Daily Grind

The week after the holidays....so much fun. No one has any desire to do anything homework-related, you're still thinking Christmas type thoughts. It doesn't help that school started on Monday and should have started a week later. But it doesn't really matter anymore. Bygones (new phrase courtesy of Ally Mcbeal)

Monday - Had Sprachkurs but it was just an ease back into things. Would have had Literatur but Crystal (the teacher) was sick so it was cancelled. Hung out that night with Meatro and Jana and went out to Killians. The Snakebite is so good there! It's a good thing Killians is relatively far away, otherwise I would drink one too many Snakebites.

Tuesday - Got up WAY too early to go to Landeskunde. Went to the Patentamt for class (Patent Office - rough translation.) Had nothing else that day, like every Tuesday so I spent most of the day sleeping and watching more Ally Mcbeal.

Wednesday - Holy Three Kings Day, which translates into a holiday for Bavaria. That means we didn't have school, which is why school shouldn't have even started this week. Whatever. Jana and I hung out in Starbucks and planned our two week trip. I'm so stoked! We're headed to Italy (Venice, Florence, and Rome) and Greece (Athens). It will take about two weeks and we'll hit up Venice during Carnaval Season (Mardi Gras) which apparently is nuts! I'm incredibly excited. However, still have 6 weeks til that happens. I can do it....
Anyway, that night was my friend Anna's birthday so we went to Atomic Cafe and hung out with a bunch of people. It was really relaxed, nice environment. I had never been but had heard good things. They are true. It's a cool place. Stayed up too late as usual and had to wake up early for Landeskunde - again. This always seems to happen.

Thursday - Had Landeskunde again. Talked about music. It was alright. I just really wasn't in a class type mood this week. Also had Kunstgeschichte (art history) which I really like. It's always nice but sometimes it goes a little too long. Surprisingly, one can only look at really cool art for so long.

Friday - Ceramics MAD early. Too early. I really like the class and I'm fine once I get there but it's the getting up part that kills me. Our project was an architectural structure with pillars. Our projects are almost always that vague. It's a good class, just totally different from any ceramics class I've taken in the States. Had Kunstgeschichte again but Gerald (host dad) had stuff for me that I left in Chemnitz so he came by to drop stuff of and we got coffee and Doener. I love Doener! I love that Germany has so much of it. That night was pretty chill. The entire weekend was pretty chill. I'm kind of sick - right now just have the cough of death when I wake up and go to bed - so took it easy this weekend.

Saturday - Slept almost all day. It gets dark really early here so it's hard to motivate myself to stay awake sometimes. That's my only issue with Munich in the winter.

Sunday - went to the Spielzeugmuseum (Toy Musuem). It's in the old Rathaus tower and it's so cool! They had trains, tin toys, Barbie from her "birth" til now, Robots, wooden toys from 1870's, really odd dolls - it was so neat. I had a great time. It's a small museum but has a lot of interesting things. Surprisingly, a lot of American toys.

Mostly my life returns to the normal pace. Well, my European normal life. Which is seemingly exotic and really exciting. These next couple of weeks are not going to be fun however. I have ridiculous amounts of work to do and of course it's all in German. It makes sense but it means it will take much longer than it would in English. I can do it. I just need to buckle down and focus.

Greetings from Munich and until next time!
Love,
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment