Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Computer Saga

Hey peeps. It's finally Sunday, the end of one of the most frustrating/ridiculous weeks of my life. Let me explain.

Tuesday - Computer gives me the blue screen of death. I'm not too happy about that so I go with Josh to Media Markt, where they fix PCs, and ask if it's reparable. They tell me that the amount of money that would go into fixing my old might as well be put towards buying a new one.

Wednesday - The hunt for the new computer begins. My neighbor Andrei helps me find a new laptop online. We find a good one that's not crazy expensive and order it. I chose the next day delivery option and thought that was that. So wrong...

Thursday- My computer got delivered but I wasn't there to pick it up so they left a piece of paper in my mailbox telling me when and where I could pick it up. So at 19:00 I go out to Oberschleißheim (read: middle of nowhere) to find the DHL offices. I see a DHL sign and go inside and ask if I can pick up packages there or just send them out. Turns out, you can send them out from this place. So we have this conversation in German and I find out that you need a car to get to the DHL offices. Of course I don't have one. So I'm SOL. Then the lady helping me says she'll call DHL to arrange another delivery. She gets on the phone, we've been talking in German the ENTIRE time, and she says "I have a customer here who needs a package delivered and I called for her because she barely speaks any German and wouldn't understand you." It was a damn good thing there were people around and a counter inbetween us, cuz I was livid. Who the hell has the balls to say that in front of a customer? And we had been speaking German the whole time and we understood each other. It was just ridiculous. Words don't begin to describe how mad I was.

Friday - After a long day, I get home to wait for the computer to arrive. It shows up, I hold it, look at it, and then go to pay for it. The box is in my room, on my floor, inches away from me. The delivery guy then tells me that his credit card machine is broken so I can't pay with a credit card and do I have that much money in cash? Yes, I have large wads of cash lying around my room. Give me a minute. It's really too bad sarcasm goes over most Germans heads. I had so many good responses and lots of four letter words. He apologizes profusely and then takes the computer away. I literally had it, and then poof! Weg. (gone) This is serious Karma.

Saturday - I call DHL again and ask for another delivery date. Turns out it was too late to deliver on Saturday so I need to wait until Monday.

At this point I am so fed with this shit and it just keeps getting more and more ridiculous that I kind of just gave up and am still waiting for my computer. At first I was sad, then mad, then frustrtated, then livid, then whatever goes past livid. Wütender als wütend. Madder than hell. It was just a ridiculous saga. The dieties must really hate me. I'm just really happy this week is over and hopefully my computer actually successfully gets to me tomorrow.

1 comment: